If you are suffering from tooth decay, or chipped, cracked teeth, veneers may be in your best interest. Dental Veneers can serve to mask any of these indicators of tooth decay. A dental veneer is a shell, or layer of tooth-colored ceramic or porcelain or composite that is placed over the facial surfaces of your teeth to correct worn tooth enamel, uneven tooth alignment or spacing, discoloration and chips or cracks. Read on to see if you may need veneers to keep your smile happy and healthy!
What are veneers?
A veneer is a thin piece of ceramic or porcelain that’s fit to put over the damaged area of a tooth. It can be used for stains, chips, cracks, discoloration, and even gaps. Not only are veneers strong, but they’re designed to look like natural tooth enamel.
How are Veneers Made?
Veneers are traditionally made of ceramic or porcelain. For the highest standard of cosmetic results, veneers are bonded to the front of your teeth. This allows us to alter the color, shape, size, or length of your teeth.
Is it a painful process?
The placement of veneers is typically painless! We always numb the tooth and surrounding area before any work is done. This is just a preventative measure, as everyone’s pain tolerance and sensitivity are different. By the time you’re ready to go, you should feel little to no pain at all.
What do veneers cost?
The price of veneers depends on three things:
- Type. Veneers can be made from several different types of ceramic or porcelain.
- The number of teeth. Obviously, treating five teeth will cost more than one tooth.
- Quality and experience of the dentist. When it comes to dental and medical treatment, you should always choose a dentist with the most experience. This will reflect in the quality of work and the results.
What are some other benefits of veneers?
- Veneers are strong and long lasting
- Natural looking
- Stain resistant
- No recovery
- Can be combined with other treatments
- Cosmetic benefits and enhanced confidence
If you are in need of veneers, or other dental assistance, what are you waiting for? Call BRAIDC today!