Tooth whitening is a non-invasive approach to enhance the brightness of natural teeth. The process involves a bleaching gel and custom fit trays for home use. The results may vary depending on the darkness of your teeth, and the consumption of red wine, coffee, tea and other foods that stain. Tooth whitening can be done in conjunction with veneers or all porcelain crowns to create a beautiful smile. Be aware that whitening will not work on existing crowns, bridges, or resin fillings. In most cases, we only start whitening treatment after other needed dental work and dental cleanings are completed.
Whitening Products We Use
As your trusted restorative and implant dentistry center, we only use products that have proven to be safe and beneficial for your smile. Here are the trusted whitening products that we use to help our patients:
Sinsational Smile has been awarded Best In-office Teeth Whitening System in the Country for 4 years in a row by the Dental Advisor. The product offers increased whitening of 2-5 shades, which can be achieved in a mere 20 minutes of chair time. You won’t experience any sensitivity after use and may receive a complimentary take-home product to further whitening. The following are product details for Sinsational Smile:
- Patented Pre-filled soft silicone tray
- Filler is Sinsational Smile’s proprietary 25% Carbamide Peroxide whitening solution
- All products are GRAS, as well as BPA and gluten-free
- USA made whitening accelerator light
- 1st and only Green Certified whitening system
Opalescence is a 40% hydrogen peroxide gel. Opalescence Boost is an in-office whitening treatment that whitens teeth in less than an hour. The system requires no bulky or bothersome lights – just gel and trays. It’s completely chemically activated. The following are product details for Opalescence:
- Whitening gel that contains potassium nitrate and fluoride
- Chemically activated gel – no hot or bright lights are required
- Applied and monitored safely by your dentist
- Long lasting, dramatic whitening in less than an hour of chair time
Benefits of Professional Teeth Whitening
Whitening done in-office not only works better than at home treatments, but professional whitening is safer as well. Here are the benefits of having your teeth whitening done by a dental professional:
- Thorough treatment. Your smile will be evaluated prior to whitening, and a plan will be set to meet your goals and achieve the best results possible.
- Professional whitening systems are considerably stronger than at-home kits. Severe or intrinsic stains can be reached with professional whitening.
- Comfort and safety. Professional whitening drastically lessens the change of irritation, sensitivity, or discomfort following the procedure. Assistance and monitoring from trained dental professional increases your safety.
- At home whitening methods require several uses and often take weeks to see results. With our in-office treatments, you will see results in an hour or less.
- Personalized treatment. Trays and strips that are available to the public are often one size fits all. Prior to treatment, we will go over your needs and expectations, and each tooth will be taken into individual consideration.
- Safe, long lasting results. In-office whitening can reach the different layers of your tooth to best remedy stains. Because the treatment reaches below the surface of your tooth, results will be long-lasting. For upkeep, your dentist may provide you with a take-home kit.
To schedule an appointment with our Beverly dentist, please call us at 978-232-9003 or request a dental appointment online.